Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year





Happy Twenty-Twelve, dear reader!

It's been long while since I posted a few words here, and I figured New Years Day was as good a day as any to do so.

While the blogs have been few and far between, I can assure you I'm still very much alive. In fact, 2011 may have been the best year of my life. I imagine 1979 is right up there - with the constant shower of love and attention, the 14 hours a day spent in slumber and the wiping of my butt being done by someone else. But I don't recall.

I've spent the last 8 months under the tutelage of my boss and former guitar student at Ameriprise Financial. Through this time I've laughed, cussed, spit and even quit for 6 hours. Most importantly I've learned the ins and outs of financial advising and believe it's something at which I could excel. I will take my securities licensing exam come March. We'll see what happens after that. After 14 years relying on tips for grocery money, a paycheck every two weeks seems like a beautiful thing.

Lindsay and I are now living together in Cheyenne Canyon. We're planning our wedding, which will take place this September in Colorado Springs. To say we're doing great, growing painfully but beautifully, and that I'm the luckiest man on the planet is the understatement of the young year.

Music is still a large part of my life, and will continue to be. I have four recording projects I hope to complete for 2012, but I no longer teach lessons and the shows stay close to home (Colorado Springs, Palmer Lake, Manitou Springs). I will say that due to the paycheck, the pressure's off when I'm behind the microphone. I haven't had this much fun playing music since the early days with The Ottomans. I guess it was around 1998 that I started taking myself uber-seriously as a songwriter, and woke up from that fog in August of 2010 really pissed off. With that behind me, with healing and proper perspective in place, I'm free to actually enjoy myself again.

Keep an eye on www.jeremyfacknitz.com for show information, and if you haven't already, friend request me on facebook if you're interested in remaining "in the loop" when it comes to shows and news on releases.

Thank you for your support, and all the best,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment