Wednesday, July 7, 2010

WEST COAST VERSION 2.0 TOUR with LINDSAY WEIDMANN - 7/1 through 7/3 - WASHINGTON STATE SHOWS!













Thank you Lindsay’s Aunt Mary. I have not yet met you, but I’ve slept in your guest bed and thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast you so kindly prepared for us before leaving your house to run errands. After eggs benedict, fresh fruit and strong coffee, we headed down to Seattle’s southern neighbor, Tacoma, to see Lindsay’s cousin Will, a student at the University of Puget Sound. In the cafe where we were to folk that evening, we took full advantage of it’s internet, couches, excellent food, and pleasantly quiet and creative environment. We set up shop at The Mandolin Café for the afternoon to enjoy some interneting and much needed out-of-car-time. I scored a hair cut, as I could no longer see. We played our show and slept on Will’s dorm futon and I was able to relive the college days I never lived in the first place. I went to trade school, and commuted from home. I guess the closest I ever came to dorm dwelling was my time with “The Ottomans”. Aside from the rehearsing, shows and a laughable sense of entitlement, I recall hours spent with those boys laughing at movies that were heralded as much more hilarious than they actually were, thanks to the assistance of, shall we say, assets.

The next 48 hours were full of seeing WONDERFUL old friends of Lindsay’s. C & P Coffee in Seattle hosted the Jeremy Facknitz & Lindsay Weidmann show Friday night for their quiet coffee crowd. Lindsay’s good friend Victoria was visiting the area from Minnesota and brought a bunch of friends. Very fun to meet her! Then we slept at Dr. Julie’s apartment, a friend of Lindsay’s from catholic high school days. The next evening her fellow artistically inclined college friend, Josie, hosted a house concert for us. Old fellow camp counselor friend, Patrick, was in the audience as well as Julie and Lisa, another high school friend. I’m so thankful Lindsay has so many friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment