Wednesday, July 7, 2010

WEST COAST VERSION 2.0 TOUR with LINDSAY WEIDMANN - Tour comes to a close/I can celebrate this independence.




Lindsay and I drove through the night to Portland so we could be the musical guests at the Portland Center for Spiritual Living Sunday morning. We enjoyed playing for this friendly congregation as our last costal show on this Pacific Northwest tour. We’ll be playing a show in Carbondale, CO at Steve’s Guitars on Friday, which will be the last official show after we meander back to Colorado over these next couple days. But in the meantime, the 4th of July marked the end of our west coast shows. We crashed at a friend’s vacant apartment for the rest of the holiday weekend, reveling in greatly earned naps, couching, and movie watching. We toasted ourselves and the tour with a bottle of Roxyann Winery Pinot, then watched distant fireworks from the balcony.

This tour is my third this year and each one has been significantly different from the others – different highs, different lows and different challenges. All of these things continue to lead to new epiphanies. For example, I’m having a garage sale in a few weeks. I’m selling all of my stuff. I want to fit everything I own into my Honda Fit. Also, I realized I don’t have to tour the rest of my life if I don’t wish to tour the rest of my life. Also, I want to open myself to the possibility of living in a different city. I am very open right now. I feel my mind is rather clear and getting clearer the more time I spend out on these interstates. I think that is I like best about this lifestyle. You’re trapped with yourself, you’re forced to look at yourself everyday. It’s sometimes sobering, often terrifying but I believe it’s a great way for Jeremy to grow quickly, and I’m loving this growing thing.

I can’t say enough about my tour partner, Lindsay Weidmann. So I won’t even begin… I’ll just say “thank you, Lindsay” into my guitar and loop pedal and let it repeat four or five thousand times.

No comments:

Post a Comment