Monday, June 14, 2010

WeST COAST TOUR #2 w/LINDSAY WEIDMANN - Saturday, June 12th 2010 - Salt Lake City, Utah - The Woodshed







Ah, a day of songwriting, snacking, jamming, hiking, and frozen strawberry’s in glasses of champagne. It isn’t always car sleeping and toilet water!

With the weather absolutely positively disgusting, I walled myself within Bryon’s walls and composed. I wrote a “diddy”. That’s all I can call it at this point, but I will nurture it, love it, and we’ll see if it grows up into a beautiful tune.

The Woodshed in downtown Salt Lake City is a place where I could spend 7 hours sitting on it’s cozy couches, playing fooseball, watching the “Back To The Future” trilogy on plasma television’s (with the sound down), co-writing songs with my tour partner and folking the masses. We did most of that tonight. We avoided the fooseball, seeing as how we have 26 days left on this tour and we’d like to like each other as long as possible.

Lindsay and I traded songs for an hour and a half. I joined her on songs that I probably should not have joined her on, but she seemed happy with the way they turned out. She added vocals and other various spectacular spices to songs like “Better Than Us” and “The 70’s Sitcom Medley”. We gave away a party favor or two… tissue paper-wrapped Dum-Dums and Jolly Ranchers with a piece of paper that describes our intentions to get out of the bars and into people’s living rooms. House concerts, that is. They’re big money makers for folkers like us. We’ll see if it works.

After “Hecklin’ Jive” closed their set (both Lindsay and I were quite impressed by their sounds), we climbed back up the hill to Bryon’s place in Park City for a quick 5 hour nap before the alarms would go off at 7 for our church gig at the Salt Lake Center for Spiritual Living.

For all this from Lindsay Weidmann’s point of view, visit www.lindsayweidmann.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment