Monday, June 14, 2010

WEST COAST TOUR #2 w/LINDSAY WEIDMANN - Sunday, June 13th 2010 - Salt Lake City, Utah - SLCSL











Church gigs! Church gigs! I love church gigs!

The Salt Lake Center for Spiritual Living was a warm and welcomed sight for our tired eyes. Even though I had just rehearsed parts for Lindsay’s songs “What Else Have I Been Missing” and “This Is Easy” yesterday, Weidmann was confident that I was ready to join her on stage in front of 100 people and strum out “my compliments”.

Big, big thanks to Rick from Farmington Hills, Michigan the SLCSL. What a beautiful bunch of warm, open people… we played both services, Lindsay sold a boatload of CD’s and much to my surprise I sold a carton or two myself. It was such a change from the atmosphere we had experienced the previous two nights in those fine watering holes. They are indeed fine watering holes, but we are songwriters and songwriters are best received by “listeners”.

After hugs and goodbyes we made our way to an internet cafĂ©, spending a few hours napping on the couch, emailing venues and sipping coffee. We then circled the city for 45 minutes trying to piece together Salt Lake’s grid system on 5 hours sleep. Salt Lake City is a city where you can find a Dee’s Restaurant at either the corner of East 300 North Street and West 2100 South North Southwest Street, or at North 700 East South Avenue and South 1400 South Street. After suffering stroke from frustration and pissing myself – OH, and stopping to pet puppies for sale - we arrived at the doorstep of Renee and Rex Strother (pronounced “STRAH-ther” like father) who took us out to the Blue Plate Diner for dinner.

Tomorrow, we drive to a campsite in Nevada, where we hope the roads have names. Our next show is Tuesday in Sierraville, California. I wonder why there aren’t any songs about California…

For all this from Lindsay Weidmann’s point of view, visit www.lindsayweidmann.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment