Thursday, June 17, 2010

WEST COAST TOUR #2 w/LINDSAY WEIDMANN - Tuesday and Wednesday, 6/15 & 16, 2010 - 2 shows at SIERRA HOT SPRINGS - SIERRAVILLE, CALIFORNIA









I've never slept so well on the ground.

I think all this touring is toughening me up. The soft, sandy grasses of the Winnemucca RV park felt like a Serta mattress compared to the cramped, hard floor of my Honda hatchback.

We awoke at sunrise Tuesday morning - not on purpose, as I never wake up at sunrise on purpose if I can help it - and made our way to Sierraville, California for a free stay at the Sierraville Hot Springs and Resort. In exchange for peace, sunshine, naked hot springs and snacks, all we had to do was set up our equipment in the main lodge and play songs for 90 minutes Tuesday and Wednesday night.

Aside from the shows, it was not all dips and exposed flesh. Other work got done. While one of us labored on the laptop booking shows or promoting, the other would hike, or write songs, or dip in the hot springs with exposed flesh. Who am I kidding? I'm sorry. This is a great, great life. It just is, and no, actually I'm not sorry. This is a beautiful spot... a fantastic refuge from the road, and if you're ever coming through this area I highly recommend staying here for 9, maybe 12 days.

The shows went very well. In the two nights we folked the main lodge we earned enough money (and then some) for breakfast tomorrow morning (Thursday) at the local cafe and a hotel room in Reno tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment