Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 1 - 3/8 - Colorado Springs to Salt Lake City, UT




















I woke up around 8:30am to say goodbye to Paul Franco and Associates. No real need to rush as I've been packing since February. I was beyond sick of the planning and thinking and beyond psyched to start doing. Paul was late (so unlike him) and had a client waiting so I didn't get a proper goodbye from him... no fist dap, no high-five, not even a pat on the ass. It stung but he is forgiven.

I had one last I.T. job in Littleton (I work as a freelance tech for Advanced Service Technologies out of Centerville, OH. They throw me a nice chunk of change every year, I'm called to do a job a month or so and it usually entails quite complicated tech stuff like color coordinating CAT5 cables or hooking up a printer) and then it was off to Longmont, home of my tour partner Teresa Storch.

T (as she is called by myself, because Teresa takes forever to say) would like everyone to know that this is her tour, and I've been invited along. She's right. Although this is also her first time in the northwest as a performer, she has friends in high places, low places and about 134 more friends in between. To be successful in this business you need to know people, and I hope to someday know half as many people as T. Storch.

We took the new Honda Fit, my car, aka "Ruby Tuesday". Left around 3pm and made our way west to Salt Lake City where we will perform our first show, a house concert downtown tomorrow night. Staying with Rex and Renee - T knows Rex from "Song School". I'm headed to Song School in August... it's in Lyons, CO. I've already bought my new tennies and Michael Jordan Trapper Keeper in hopes that the other songwriters think I'm super cool.

8 hours, a few snow squalls and a Subway sandwich later, arrival in Salt Lake City. The hosts are asleep. I got my own room in the basement, with the cats. It is cozy, warm and far quieter in suburban Salt Lake than it was the night before in downtown Colorado Springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment