Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 2 - 3/9 - House Concert - Salt Lake City, UT

































My tour partner was mutilated by a cat this morning. She bent down to pet the wild bitch of a beast and it scratched her nose. It drew blood. I went up to the cat and said "Listen, you 12 pound bully, I've hitched my little boat on to the Ford F150 of her talent so if you mess with her, you mess with me" and the bitch cat just meowed at me.

Rex came home and took a long lunch from work. He's a swell guy - bought us lunch at the Blue Plate Diner, where the waitress said they had this amazing hollandaise sauce. It was okay. By far the best hollandaise sauce I had ever had in Utah (this being my first time in Utah).

Afterwards we went back to the house and recorded some live tracks. Don't know how they turned out - I am quite ill and we're not really that well-rehearsed yet. I think the word I'm looking for here is "raw". "Raw" is the word I'm looking for. We were "raw".

Went downtown for the concert. Thank you Ike and Tiffany, our hosts. 20 people, Teresa and Drew (her friend and talented bass player from Park City) and myself crammed ourselves into their fabulous apartment as the rain poured outside. This was my first house concert and I had a blast. I squeaked and squawked my way through a solo set and then enjoyed T and Drew, before the three of us closed the night as a trio and blended so well that I think we even surprised ourselves a tad. Then we conversed with many lovely people, signed CD's, I gave a lesson on how the "magic" loop pedal works (pay no attention to the man behind the curtain) and tasted some of the best lemon squares I've ever tasted.

Rex was plucking a guitar by the fireplace when we came back. I joined in and before long we were sharing songs and serenading the cats with F.H.G. by Tenacious D. The perfect lullaby to end a pretty much perfect day. Thanks to Rex, Renee, Ike, Tiffany, Drew, Jeff, Jenny and all the guests who made tonight special.

JEREMY's FIRST CD, "GIMMICK" for sale HERE: www.cdbaby.com/jeremyfacknitz2

No comments:

Post a Comment