Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 6 - 3/13 - Mamma Llama's, Weaverville, CA





One week down, two to go on this first leg. You know, it's interesting touring with a woman you're not "coupled" with. You're together a lot of the time, traveling, sleeping often in the same room. A lot of the "couple" elements are present... I open the shows for her, talk her up. She is the rose to my thorn. I've been feeling ill since we left with sinus troubles, so she's been pumping me full of over-the-counter drugs. One will get breakfast, the other will get dinner. She knows all about my bowel movements, and their frequency - or lack thereof. She isn't happy about that last part, but this is touring. In return, I get the door for her when I can, do most of the "roadie" work and sing the best back-ups I possibly can on her awesome songs. I think it's a fair trade.

Wonderful, wonderful time at Mamma Llama's. What a fantastic venue, thank you so much Steve and Donna. They got us in the local paper and did a fine job bringing a bunch of classy people to a show featuring two songwriters they had never heard of. Steve has a listening station in his store and takes pride in offering the space to touring, talented singer-songwriters who are not well-known... like us.

Thanks to Char for putting us up tonight, and feeding us beer and girl scout cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment