Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 20 - 3/27 - Empty Sea Studio's, back to Seattle!









This Washington I-90 drive is stunning. I've been the driver on these passes from Seattle to Spokane and back since T has been doing day job work. She edits textbooks or something, and works remotely. She pays me to cart her diva butt around by picking up the tab for beer, something I wouldn't be buying for myself since I don't have a day job editing textbooks (or something).

(She's really not a diva. She's great. I'm just jealous she makes more money than me.)

On these drives back and forth I have, on more than one occasion, uttered the words "I have the best life in the world." Sometimes, I truly believe it. Even after some difficulty in Seattle earlier this week, I can't help but feel as though I'm extremely fortunate to have the drive and know-how to make a living LIVING like a retired person... taking in all the beautiful beauty that these states have to offer, meeting new people, sleeping in until noon and doing only that which brings me joy. The icing on the cake is that I actually get praised for it with applause and overly kind words of encouragement from the audiences we've played for.

With this good perspective I drove the tour bus (the Honda Fit) back to Seattle for our show at Empty Sea Studio's. Some bigger acoustic folk names have graced the stage, many of them Teresa's friends (Chuck E. Costa, Danny Schmidt, Sarah Sample, etc.). The crowd was solid, considering our newness to this fine city... Teresa brought some extended family. A couple who had never heard of either of us came up from Olympia, and I like to think that was based off my marketing efforts.

It was a great change of scenery, coming from the loud Whitestone tasting room in Spokane to this hushed, quiet and attentive crowd at Empty Sea. I usually get a little nervous when it's that quiet and I'm not used to it. Then I mess up a song I've played 2,365,928 times in the last nine or ten years, laugh at my self and from there I'm all good. Just gotta make that first goof.

Great crowd. T and I are tightening up the duo act quite nicely after 18 shows together.

Came back to Gail and Denny's place in Lynnwood and played pool and chatted until the late hours... make that early hours. Thanks so much guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment