Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 14 - 3/21 - Portland Church to Drift In! Yachats, Oregon








Long day.

Didn't get much sleep last night, as I was up late writing lyrics.

Hit the PCSL for a morning service. Two songs with the church band, who rocked (thank you crew of three-letter names; Don, Ken and Jim!)

T sold many a CD as she usually does. Sometimes I feel a little jealous that churches have little interest in songs like "Songwriter Strikes Back" or "Trivial Pursuer". But, I get over it. Usually about the time that T pays me a handsome amount for playing guitar for two songs.

We drove to Yachats, Oregon back down south a ways, on the coast. The Drift In is a family restaurant that has decided to hire our folk stylings for the evening. This is our tenth show in as many days, and the fatigue is present. It's odd. It's not that I'm not getting enough sleep or working some grunt, manual labor job. It's an energy I try to summon for my shows, it's the focus - and it's EVERY night. But it's such a nice, swell, "good" tired. My dad calls it "sleeping the good sleep".

Stayed with Linda, the venue owner. Thanks so much Linda.

Day 7 in Oregon.

We finally saw some rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment