Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 11 - 3/18 - White Eagle, Portland Oregon







I apologize to western medicine for the slam in yesterday's blog.

I don't know if it's the nasal spray or time that has healed my ache, but damn! I'm like a puppy that just took a dump. Life is good, my tail is wagging and I'm ready to play. I haven't felt this good in weeks.

Sadly, it appears I've handed off my illness to my tour partner, who is now complaining of an earache.

Drove up from Ashland to Portland. I have friends in the Springs who talk about Portland like it's special, so I'm kind of waltzing into this town with my arms crossed. Okay, P-town, show me whatchya got.

White Eagle is a quaint pub. Alex told us that we'd have to bring the crowd, and he wasn't kidding. For most of the show, the 6 people in attendance were fans/friends. The Kin brothers showed up and brought along Allan, a Montana Grizzly fan who saw his mighty 14 seeded basketball team bow out of the tournament and gave our tour a new slogan: "even in defeat, there is success" (the defeat tonight? The failure to get people to come out to a show at a bar the day after St. Patty's Day).

We did get a few stragglers come in near the end, and sold CD's to just about every one of them.

Stayed with Dana and Candace in Tigard, just south of Oregon - tomorrow, a house concert at Candace's office of acupuncture.

Day 4 in Oregon, still no rain.

1 comment:

  1. I guess someone eventually has to point out to Jeremy that the nickname for Patrick is Paddy, not Patty. Looks like it's gonna be me!

    ReplyDelete