Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 10 - 3/17 - St. Patty's Day House Concert at Liz Love's and Jeremiah's House



5:30 am. Jolted from a sound sleep by the throbbing pain of my right ear.

I've been sick, on and off, for almost two weeks now. I ignore it the best I can. The pain comes and goes, I'm having a blast on this tour and therefore often forgetting about my discomfort... but mostly, I ignore it because I'm one of the many Americans that do not have health insurance! So I don't exactly set appointments with urgent care clinics unless I can't stop the bleeding or I'm missing a limb.

But this is ridiculous.

So I go to the doc-in-the-box, in fear I have an infection and at the begging and pleading of my mother and grandmother. I get tossed around a bit... "This" place won't help me because I'm not a resident. "That" place won't help me because I'm uninsured. Finally, in Medford, I find a saving grace that will happily rob me of $140 dollars in exchange for some doc to touch my neck, look in my ears, prescribe a nasal spray and say "it's viral."

And that's exactly what happened.

Well at least I got my nasal spray. Thank you, western medicine.

On to happier things, like the show. The house party, hosted by Liz and Jeremy. T and I plugged in upstairs and played our 8 song set. Not having packed anything green, I donned one of Jeremy's shirts that read "Need More Cowbell", and some sexy red-suspenders (pics coming soon). We sold many a CD to Liz's friends. Ate hearty and healthy. Wrote songs on the spot with the loop pedal about "politeness" and how "too much tea makes you have to pee."

This is our 4th night here invading their home, and they have been so incredibly kind, tolerant and loving. Thanks so much guys.

Tomorrow, on to Portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment