Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 5 - 3/12 - Zelda's On The Beach, Capitola, CA










See that cute kid up there? That's Sean (or Shawn, never got the correct spelling). He's 7. I woke up to find he had come down to the cabin/guest house to challenge me to a game of "Horse". I said, "Sure". He then said, "I'm sorry, but I am going to dominate you."

I liked his spunk.

Little did he know I played intramural basketball in high school, and rode pine for the 7th grade Holly Middle School basketball team.

I crushed him.

Then, just to reinforce who was boss, I lowered the rim to 8 feet and we played one-on-one. It wasn't easy but I was able to use my massive "ups" and buried insecurities about my athletic abilities to reverse-dunk on him. I then screamed and informed him this was indeed "my house."

Jeremy 10, Shawn 0.

After Putt-Putt with the family (thank you Kathy) we performed a bar-gig at Zelda's On The Beach. Made a few new friends, Chris and Joel. They invited us over for Foosball after the show, but T and I were pretty wiped from hanging out with the kids all day. Besides, those of you who know me know my Foos skillz far-exceed even my streetball skillz, and I really wasn't in the mood to do any more demoralizing. Best to rest up for the drive to Weaverville tomorrow.

Thanks guys, for the beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment