Thursday, May 27, 2010

NORTHEAST TOUR DAY 13 - 5/13/10 - Sprague Farms and Brewery - Venango, PA







After we bid adieu to the state of Vermont, we headed west for 8 hours until we came to Sprague Farms and Brewery in the small town of Venango, Pennsylvania. It feels good to be in the mid-west. I know some people won't call this area the mid-west but I will. I can spit to Ohio from here. The people are warm and kind. It's the mid-west.

It also feels good to pull up to a farm and brewery after 8 hours on the road. "I'll take two please", I said, referring to the plump, live chickens, "and I'll also have a beer."

I kicked off the night and T followed, then we joined forces as we usually do. The crowd grew as the night wore on and found us most entertaining at the end of our set, making us wonder why they had us play so early in the evening (6-9pm). No matter. It was a swell payday and I gave a CD to some college age kids in Americorps (sp?) who were obviously in to the show but chose to spend what little money they had in their pockets on barley. I debated with one girl at that table, another Michigan native, about which state was more beautiful - Michigan or Colorado. She was drunk and I was homesick for my mountains. Getting nowhere, we agreed that they were both beautiful, but Colorado doesn't have near the amount of goddamned mosquitos that Michigan has, so I win.

See the pics of the brewery. One of the coolest stages we've played on yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment