Thursday, May 27, 2010

NORTHEAST TOUR DAY 14-15 - Hanging in Meadville, PA, Holly, MI

With no scheduled stages to folk for two days until the house concert in Holly, we chilled.

Our hosts in Meadville put us up in their beautiful old house downtown. Friday night we had a cookout with their friends. I watched dogs chase cats and ate myself silly, all after a full day that found me walking along the tracks to downtown Meadville for lunch, thrift shopping, phone calling, people watching.

On Saturday morning we drove to my boyhood home in Holly, just a quick 5 hour jaunt compared to the drive from Vermont to Pennsylvania 2 days before. Ma and Pa Facknitz greeted us at the door. Teresa had a lot of day-job work to do so I visited with the rents in lounge. The Facker-Fogies have the house in tip-top shape and I have a feeling the house concert tomorrow is going to be a swell time.

No comments:

Post a Comment