Wednesday, May 5, 2010

NORTHEAST TOUR, DAY 2 - 5/2 - THE BURREN - SOMERVILLE, MA








Teresa had invited me out to play Cambridge, Somerville and introduce me to the folk scene that had adopted her for ten years. This was something that I had missed in my year and half residency, and I wanted to see for myself that it existed.

Not only does it exist, not only is it chock full of quality people, but the talent! Oh! The talent! Jaw dropping. Left me asking what the hell I was doing there, hogging the stage.

I was able to bear witness tonight at The Burren. As I said Teresa and I hogged the stage for a majority of the night... it was a small crowd, it was good to practice, we needed the work and no one seemed to mind. Getting us off stage isn't always an easy thing to do. Plus, T's friend Kara was joining us on fiddle, jumping in on "Brushed Off By Julie Ray" and such, and I was just having a pant-load of fun with that.

My old pal Bylsma, a former co-drone from my job at TNT Vacations (see the song "Unemployment? Check!") came by to say hi and see the new "John Boy". My cousin Brad, in town on business from Michigan, was able to steal a few minutes for his jet-setting self and share a beer or three with us.

If you live in the Boston area, you owe it to yourself to peep some of these artists...

(list coming soon)

Thanks Burren.

No comments:

Post a Comment