Monday, May 10, 2010

NORTHEAST TOUR DAY 6 - 5/6 - Amazing Things - Framingham, MA





Dan Cloutier is a writer, and a damn fine one. He hosts the open mic at "Amazing Things" in Framingham, Massachusetts every Thursday and Teresa had scored the headlining "feature" for us.

All of the talent at this open mic was solid. I was blown away by the stylings of Levi Schmidt and Kim Jennings to name just a couple. Of course, I was also blown away by Teresa's Boston family who had made the trek, including but not limited to: John Linn, Tim Riordan, Kara Kulpa and Barb Kessler who sang on Teresa's "Stream Of Concrete".

We played our 45 minute set for the 13 or so in attendence (a small crowd for the night - quality not quantity). Tried to shoot video but my batteries died. My camera devours AA's. Snapped a couple of pictures. Kara played violin on "Independence" and Barb joined in for three part harmonies on Teresa's "Abigail".

It was like playing with a band again. We were folking on with our bad-ass selves. It was a special night.

P.S. - Looking at the calendar I realize that in two weeks I'll be on my way home to Colorado. I'm tired, but good tired. I'm already starting to create the fall tour of the midwest, where I'll be hitting Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas (if you got connections, help a brother out. Thank you). I look forward to the respite but I'm not wishing my life away. I'm having fun everyday.

Thanks for your continued support!

Buy the 2002 release "GIMMICK" with the (smash hit) songs "SONGWRITER STRIKES BACK" and "BETTER THAN US", HERE! www.cdbaby.com/jeremyfacknitz2

No comments:

Post a Comment