Wednesday, May 5, 2010

NORTHEAST TOUR, DAY 1 - 5/1 - House concert in Waban, MA

And so begins the trip back west. Or, so ends the midwestern tour.

Ah, who am I kidding? There are no endings or beginnings anymore. I do my thing in different places. When I go back home, it won't be for long, and I'll be gone again - and while I'm home, I'll be doing my thing back home. We all just keep going, right?

Tonight I played a house concert at Karen and David's in Waban, a village of Newton, Massachusetts. Julie (my ex) was the family nanny for many years and they were the first people I met out here in Boston. They welcomed me into their homes 6 years ago with open arms and have loved me ever since. They were my safe haven, my break from the intense intersection of I-90 and Shoot Myself Ave. where I lived downtown for a year and half. They are my Boston family.

Teresa and I joined forces again. This was our first official performance together in exactly one month after touring together and playing 21 shows in 3.5 weeks back in March. At times, it felt like riding a bike. At other times I wanted to stop the songs and say "What are you doing? What am I doing?" but I'm not sure the attentive and extremely sweet living-room audience of 26 noticed a hitch. That's the beauty of playing your original music for open people who aren't familiar with it. You can always play the "I meant to do that" card.

After the show, the fire pit was lit, booze was consumed and people partied 'til after two. I however went to bed, since I had been up early for hot yoga, helped prepare the house for the evening box social and was plum tuckered out.

Big thanks to Karen and David for putting me up, and hosting this fantastic event.

No comments:

Post a Comment