Thursday, May 27, 2010

THE RIDE BACK TO COLORADO - TONIC ROOM, CHICAGO - 5/17/10

I'm mentally and emotionally drained. 2.5 months of straight touring, fresh out of the gate in this new career path. That's a big bite. I've found that, after what I went through with Julie and turning 32, I have little fear of things. I feel there's nothing I can't handle. That's because there's really nothing that I can't handle. There are, however, some things that I shouldn't try to handle. Maybe 10 weeks straight to start a "new job" or lifestyle is one of them

The voice is exhausted. The songs are coming forth with good energy, but I'm on auto pilot. I know what I need. I need to sit in Monument Park and write new songs. I need to stay in one place for a week. I need to revamp the show, as it feels stale to my ears. I have one more week until I can do that.

This is not a gripe-fest. I'm sharing this with you, dear reader, to show you it's not easy. I'm living it, I'm loving it, there's nothing I'd rather do in the world. I'm just learning new things about myself, and one of the things I've learned is that touring 6 weeks straight is enough... at least until I can afford hotels, or a van and not spend so much time trying to slumber in my Honda Fit or on floors, futons, rolled-up dirty clothes, air-mattresses...

Still high off the previous days festivities and income (albeit slightly hungover), I reunited with Ruby Tuesday and we headed west (I love that word) to Chicago for a show at the Tonic Room.

Big, big SUPER big thanks to Michael at Chicago Underground for hooking us up. Jarod Facknitz and Anne Marie came by and watched the show, I don't think I've performed for my brother in years. If you've heard/seen his work you realize he's an intimidating force, so when he's in my audience I picture him getting "pantsed" by Brian Harvey back in 2000, his testicles exposed to half the Holly High School class. All's well.

We played our songs and we gained a few emails. Bro and I went out for drinks and a bluegrass circle afterwards.

To purchase Jeremy's debut CD "Gimmick", sold out at shows, visit www.cdbaby.com/jeremyfacknitz2 right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment