Monday, May 10, 2010

NORTHEAST TOUR DAY 5 - 5/5 - Local 121 - Providence, Rhode Island





Teresa's friend Sara took us both out for a fine meal in downtown crossing (Boston) before we hopped on the interstate for Rhode Island and my first show ever in "The Ocean State", The Speakeasy at Local 121 in downtown Providence.

Providence is a fab town - I've been there twice now with too little time to explore - but I love it. This place was posh, and my unshaven face propped on top of my Denver and Rio Grand T-shirt left me feeling a tad out of place. Joanne Lurgio brought and extra vat of beauty with her songs and voice. She kicked off the festivities for the small and vocal crowd who had made their way downstairs to see us.

Yes, downstairs... it's a "speakeasy". Shhhh!

I then took the second set, and played what was probably my best show in a while, dusting off some oldies ("Sweet Wedding Bells" and "All Of That To Me" the latter of the two having found it's way back into my set on an almost nightly basis) with Teresa taking the headlining spot - and rightfully so, seeing as how she brought the most people.

Big thanks to Jess who set this up, as well as Jen and Jose.

No comments:

Post a Comment