Monday, May 10, 2010

NORTHEAST TOUR DAY 7 - 5/7 - Briggs Carriage Bookstore - Brandon, Vermont







Today I was instructed by a dear friend of mine to make it fun day. So I placed my finger on my chin and I thought to myself, "What can I do to make this day more fun?" and began a list. At the top was "get chocolate ice cream and not wipe my face for at least a half hour."

And I did it.

If you sing, you know that dairy isn't good for the voice, and so I struggled mightily through my first set at Briggs Carriage Bookstore in Brandon, Vermont.

It was a phucking phlegm phest.

Teresa has played here many times before and has a super fan in Priscilla, who walks to the venue to see her play whenever she is in town. I'd like to think that the standing ovation Priscilla gave us at the end of our duo set was for both of us, but I think it was mostly T's.

Sold a few CD's and connected with some great people, per usual. It's funny how, if you're not careful, you can start taking it for granted. Everything becomes a job or the norm, if you do it long enough. Every night is really special though... the deep, artistic conversations with strangers who are now friends, the support these new friends give you for what you do... it's hard to convey in blog form but it's pretty sweet. Pretty sweet indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment