Thursday, May 27, 2010

NORTHEAST TOUR DAY 16 - 5/16/10 - HOUSE CONCERT IN HOLLY, MICHIGAN




















How great it was to be playing a show in the same backyard where:
- I tortured my siblings for so many years.
- I hit countless home runs to clinch countless World Series rings for the Detroit Tigers.
- scored touchdowns.
- kicked field goals.
- built forts.
- climbed trees.
- drank.
- smoked.
- sat alone on the night of my senior prom, wondering if I was missing out on anything, quickly deducing that all I missing out on was a frivolous expense and, after taking a lonesome swig of Southern Comfort, went back inside the house to watch The Simpsons with my mom.

The ghosts of my blue collar childhood danced in front of me. I tried to contain the excitement I had over finally performing for my grandparents and family on my mom's side, who rarely get the opportunity to see me. Ma and Pa Facknitz invited many of their friends, a few of mine came as well.

This weary traveler received just what the doctor ordered. Thanks to everyone - my family, my parents, friends, the birds, the squirrels, zippity doo dah.

Lovely.

One more week to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment