Monday, April 26, 2010

MIDWEST TOUR DAY 11-13 - 4/19-21/10 - Respite in Traverse City, visit to Chicago, back to Holly, MI

MONDAY 4/19/2010

Monday and Tuesday have become my weekends, although many of the minutes in these days are spent busting tail on marketing, booking, blogging, updating the website, etc. I'm really excited at how my summer schedule has recently fallen into place and I look forward to taking a few weeks off from such dedication to the laptop to do other things that songwriters with "people" get to do, such as... write songs?

After three hours on the laptop I took the Mansfield's dog Owen, for a walk. I felt rather domesticated, rather normal. Anyone who passed us on the trail had no idea that this lovable beagle-lab mix wasn't my dog or that I didn't have a home nearby. It was a nice mental place to visit, just for 15 minutes. I often wonder what goes through the minds of fellow travelers when I arise from Ruby Tuesday around 6:30 am with floss in my teeth and dirty clothes plastered to my face. Then I realize that no one's really watching, anyway - and if they are, eff 'em.

Shannon made lasagna. I had a songwriting session with Matt. We watched the Tigers lose. It was swell. Big thanks to the Mansfield's for taking such great care of me.

TUESDAY, 4/20/2010

Sister Kara bought my ticket to see Ben Folds at The Vic in Chicago tonight. So I drove down to Michigan City, IN from Traverse City, MI this morning, to take the train into Chi-town and see my siblings.

Yes, the train. Thank you train. I will never drive in Chicago again. I've been burnt too many times with their "No Parking The Third Maundy Thursday Of The Decade When The Sun Hides Behind The Clouds And The Cubs Are In 4th Place..." my God. I've been towed and ticketed enough to learn that there's no reason to even bring Ruby into that windblown, overpopulated corner of the state. So I park in Michigan City and pay $15 for a round trip train ticket to and from Chicago.

Ben was great per usual. I think I've seen him 5 times now. I'm not even a big fan but when someone can perform your pants off you go back and get de-pantsed. Went back to Kara's and had a few drinks with little brother as well, who had to work tonight.

WEDNESDAY, 4/21/2010

Sis made us all a swell breakfast of pancakes, coffee, bacon and eggs. We walked over to the Brown Elephant to do some shopping (this is a place where they resell T-shirts for $2... most of my wardrobe has come from there, including the A.N. Pritzker shirt you'll see in most of my photos). I found a few things that perked my interest but kept what little money I have to myself for food.

My time with the siblings was far too short. Left Chicago on the 4:57pm train for Michigan City and arrived at the parents house, my former house in Holly, Michigan around 11 EST. Mom was up, we talked and watched the Tigers - win.

Home cookin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment