Monday, April 19, 2010

MIDWEST TOUR DAY 7 - 4/15/10 - Green Bay, WI - Harmony Cafe w/Z-Man









Last night I got 9 hours of sleep in the back of Ruby Tuesday. This is a solid victory. Victory is nothing new to this town... I slept in a hotel parking lot in the shadows of Lambeau Field, and I'd like to think it rubbed off on me. Victorious in the battle for sleep.

I still hate the Packers, but I respect them. Just like the Twins. These franchises tend to make my Detroit franchises their proverbial "prison girlfriend", year after year after year. So I hate them, but I respect them.

Lambeau is surrounded by post-war suburban houses. Downtown Green Bay seems dwarfed by Appleton. Yet an NFL franchise resides here, arguably the most celebrated NFL franchise, and it is owned by the townspeople. In this day in the age of professional sports, what exists here is very, very special.

After visiting the site of countless Detroit Lions embarrassments (there are so many!), I made my way to Harmony Cafe, the Green Bay version.

Z-Man is an awesome performer with an A1 personality to boot, and opened the show for me. Thursday in Green Bay was nearly as tough as Wednesday in Appleton... small crowd, but as it was in Appleton last night those in attendance were quality. I sold 5 or so units, and people were extremely complimentary ("inspirational", raves the college aged beauty that only witnessed three songs).

Tonight I'll hit the road and travel north to Escanaba. I'll be in Michigan, the state that birthed me, for the first time since Christmas. I'll be in the upper peninsula for the first time in 13 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment