Sunday, April 18, 2010

MIDWEST TOUR DAY 6 - 4/14/10 - Appleton, WI - Harmony Cafe



Had a rough night's sleep last night. Had to pay off the credit card I had to use last week to survive and get me to Minnesota, so I'm back to zero... but that means I'm back to famine. So I'm tired, and can't really afford food, and I really don't know anybody in this town except my ex-girlfriend's childhood buddy. Oh, Minneapolis, how I miss you.

Took catnaps in the car throughout the day in anticipation for the folk show at Harmony Cafe. Harmony Cafe is located in the heart of downtown Appleton and I had little idea just how big Appleton was. I wrote some lyrics before the show. Being a Wednesday night, it was a tad rough... I played for my sound man Donovan and about 6 others who came and stayed (or went) over my two hour period. The small crowd allowed me to relax and try some new things, dust off some old songs and practice a bit (how long has it been since I played "All Of That To Me"?).

I considered the night a loss, but was pleased to find afterward that I actually sold 3 CD's. That equals up to sales to half my audience. The buyers had left by the time I had wrapped things up, so I never had the chance to thank them. So thank you. Driving on to Green Bay tonight to find a hotel parking lot in which to park Ruby Tuesday, climb in back and get a good nights sleep. Yes, I will sleep tonight.

Thinking positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment