Wednesday, April 28, 2010

MIDWEST TOUR DAY 14 - 4/22/10 - Good Beans Cafe - Flint, MI

(Photos coming soon)

Home cookin' indeed. And I'm not talking about food.

I woke up at 8 to take my mother to the dentist/orthodontist responsible for the beautiful set of teeth in my mouth. It was good to see Dr. Murphy again, who informed me that he was now taking guitar lessons. In thanks, Ma Fack took me to Bittersweet Cafe in downtown Holly, MI. Bittersweet is a must whenever I come back to this small town of 5,000 or so, this town I grew up in. So is Red Devil pizza, Arcade Antiques, and Carrie's Delights (now no longer Carrie's Delights).

I couldn't live here now (actually, based on what I'm doing right now I can't really live anywhere), and when you're young and pissed you hate where you live, but it wasn't a bad place to grow up.

I enjoyed a relaxing day with the folks before heading north to Flint for one of my now countless performances at Good Beans Cafe. Ken Van Wagoner, owner, opened Good Beans 10 years ago and my brother and I have been folking it almost as long. Ken's swell and he always has us back whenever we venture back "home".

Small crowd, but high quality. Dan Gerics opened and did a fine job... then joined me on a tune of mine that he usually covers on his own, "Songwriter Strikes Back". Dan tickled the ivory's in Ab while I caressed the frets. It was lovely and captured on video. I'd love to share it with you but blogspot won't allow me, it seems. Youtube soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment