Sunday, April 18, 2010

MIDWEST TOUR DAY 3 - 4/11/10 - Minneapolis, MN - Acadia Cafe w/Leftmore






A day of blogging, another solid breakfast from Faulhaber, and a show at Acadia Cafe in downtown Minneapolis.

Acadia Cafe is a great spot just east of the Homer Dome (see pic of the roof that Don Kelly and countless others have lost baseballs in over the years).

I was excited to see Mr. Ziegler of Leftmore, who was headlining tonight and was oh so kind enough to put me on the bill.

Chris and Jen came by, my hosts for the next few days. Jen's been coming to my shows for nine years, going back to the old black and white days of the early 2000's at Good Beans Cafe. It was good to hear her noise after my songs as it took me back to the salad days of my career.

Tonight, I felt it. I got a few nights of good sleep. I was back in the rock element, the venue element, the element I love where I'm playing through a house system and my noise is blasting back at me through the monitors. My voice felt on, I felt relaxed and everything seemed align for the first time on this tour.

Life is good when that happens. It's been an adjustment getting used to this life, throwing myself into it - but tonight is what it's all about. No cover songs, an attentive audience and great bands to share the stage with. My God I was high on life after this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment