Sunday, April 11, 2010

MIDWEST TOUR, DAY 2 - 4/10/10 - Superior, Wisconsin - Red Mug Coffee with James Moors










After a wonderful breakfast feast fit for a king, cooked by none other than chef Faulhaber, I made my way north to Superior, Wisconsin (which is right across the water from Duluth, Minnesota) for my show with fantastic talent and friend of Teresa Storch, James Moors (www.myspace.com/jamesmoors).

James just got back from touring Europe in tight, new, foot-blistering boots. He makes his home here in the greater Duluth area and was kind enough to allow me to open up for him, so that people would be there when I took the stage.

Drove north from Minneapolis on I-35 and came over a hill just south of Duluth that looks over Lake Superior. Now, I love my Colorado. I love my mountains. But I felt something when I saw all that fresh blue water. I guess you can take the boy out of the Great Lakes, but you can't take the Great Lakes out of the boy. I still have that water sloshing around in my lungs from all those boyhood swimmin' Michigan summers.

Still coping with the flem issues, I folked my way through a 45 minute set before James took over. Sold a few CD's and got some much needed encouragement from James and his lovely fans. I'll be returning in August. Thanks James, and Superior.

66 and sunny off Lake Superior today. People say it's a like a day in July here.

1 comment:

  1. Jeremy,
    just listened to q few of your songs at the Harmony Cafe in Appleton, WI. I really enjoyed your music and wish I could have stayed for your entire set. Good luck and I look forward to discovering more of your work.

    ReplyDelete